When it’s a rainy day in the country…
… and you have a bunch of almost-black bananas that are starting to release an unpleasant odor in your apartment, then it’s a no-brainer that you should make banana bread from scratch. Seriously, what else was I going to do? Don’t laugh. This is the best banana bread I’ve ever had. I’m not kidding.
It’s so delicious that I have felt compelled to share my recipe (no secrets here):
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened at room temp.
- 2 large eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 in. loaf pan.
- Cream the sugar and the butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat well.
- In a small bowl mash the bananas and mix in milk and cinnamon.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add in baking soda, baking power, salt, and sift in flour until well blended but do not over mix.
- Pour batter in a pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Set aside to cool on rack for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy : )